Friday, December 19, 2008

Time Flies

I can't believe how quickly the end of the year has arrived! So many things have happened this year that we had been waiting for and anticipating and they have all come and gone. I am amazed at how quickly my pregnancy progressed and Ezra arrived. I marvel at how big Benny has gotten and how exciting is it to think about all of his accomplishments in his short life.

I had been thinking to Christmas for months and now its days away! I can't believe it, really. It just seems surreal how quickly it arrived. Patience is not one of my true virtues, so I'm grateful for feeling that things have come quickly.

This Christmas is going to be awesome! We have so many presents for Benny its crazy! I can't wait to see the look on his face when he plays with the things we got him. We got things on sale throughout the year for him and things that we had been wanting for him for a while. Oh, I just can't wait!

On top of all of these feelings of time flying and the excitement of Christmas finally arriving I also feel like I haven't gotten to enjoy the Christmas season much. I'm not complaining though! I'm just saying that I didn't enjoy it as much as I normally do-and that's that we put the Christmas tree up at the beginning of November! Usually by now I'm looking forward to putting away all the Christmas decorations because they've been out for a long time, but not this year. It seems like I want MORE Christmas, somehow.
Regardless, I will be glad when its over. It will be back to the grind, sort of. Planning the next big things in our family's life, ya know? It will be sad to put the Christmas tree away, though. Benny loves the lights and the decorations so much!
But that's the magic of Christmas, isn't it? Waiting for the special lights to come back next year-that will be great for Benny.

Well, happy weekend, my friends!

No comments: